Oracle 12 Odds
The links from this page were put here to form a record of some of the things I've come across
when playing with Oracle 12c. As the record is for my purposes, I probably don't explain much on
any of the pages.
I have started putting some information on Wordpress,
and what I put there should have a bit more explanation around it.
You are welcome to get what you can from these pages,..,. just I'm not promising that it will be much!
- Event Tracing crib sheet
- Background processes in Oracle 12c
- Three new columns in the all all_objects view
- The hash full outer join hasn't changed
- The new DBMS_XPLAN package
- Adaptive Plan example
- Adaptive plan Inflection Point Computation
- Changes to USER_TAB_COLUMNS
- Pluggable Database odds
- Using a PL/SQL Function in the WITH Clause
- DETERMINISTIC function caching effectiveness
- Data redaction
- Partition Truncate/Exchange CASCADE
- Sniffing SQL*Plus network traffic
- Oracle 220.127.116.11 In Memory Option
- Loading a CLOB from a file
- BFILE column storage
- Database Resident Connection Pool
- External Table Pre-processor
- Index Cost and Caching
- Index Block Dump Example
- DML Cascading Locks Order Query
- Profiling parsing ANSI and Old Oracle SQL
Oracle's Database 12c interactive quick reference (you need to wait a while for it to load).